- Spend money! You get student discount now. From Spotify to Amazon Prime, companies across the world sympathised with us quintessentially break college students and are willing to do all they can to make our lives just a little bit easier.
2. Do all you can to avoid the dreaded freshman fifteen. Even if it means actually doing, you know, exercise. Or worse, eating a salad.
3. Always go to class. Even 8AM’s. On Mondays.
4. Find study spaces that suit you! Not all of us can concentrate at Horn, and our noisy
roommates may make studying in the room an impossibility (hint, hint), so find small
nooks and crannies around campus where you can focus.
5. In the generic ‘Tips and Tricks for First Years’ article, there is always at least one line
about joining clubs. They say to join as many as possible, but since this is Babson and
we’re filled with overachievers, I’ll say this instead: do those activities that you are truly passionate about. Don’t let yourself get pulled in multiple directions when you really only like one.
6. Visit professors during office hours. It will be incredibly useful for class and for building relationships so you can ask them to write you letters of recommendation in the future.
7. Make flip flops your best friend. Never enter a bathroom barefoot. Unless, of course, you want to witness firsthand how quickly foot fungus can make you lose friends.